“Omsk Hawks” on New Year’s Eve twice beat the house “Reactor”
On December 29-30, the Avangard youth team played on the home ice in the children’s hockey center at the Blinov JCC two matches with the Nizhnekamsk Reactor. The first match ended in a confident victory for Omsk 5: 2, and the second match will tell a little more.
It took less than a day between games and it was difficult for both opponents to fully recover. But both were here on an equal footing.
The start was for Omsk just as a sonorous slap in the face: already at the 13th second, they missed after the attack straight from the face-off. The “Reactor” Maxim Palkin scored, he sent the puck into the goal of Omsk from close range.
Siberians managed to recoup only in the 12th minute. Nizhnekamsk goalkeeper Artyom Evpak beat German Voloshin here. Three minutes later, the second link of the hosts scored: Kirill Kazakov successfully completed his own passage. 2: 1 – with such numbers on the scoreboard and went on a break.
Interestingly, in terms of rolls, the outcome of the match was in favor of the losers: “Reactor” dealt them 45, Omsk – 40. However, there were no goals at all in the second period. But – skirmishes and deletions. At some points, the Nizhnekamsk youth were clearly worth deleting, but the referee did a detour. Forward “OYA” Alexey Zubov was sent to the penalty box for 12 minutes. There was a goal that the judge did not count – scored from the hosts Astashevsky. But according to the results of watching the episode on video, the center judge didn’t show it – still 2: 1. Several times during the period Omsk survived in the minority.
In the third period there was a good fight again, the guests obviously tried to recoup, the “hawks” were not averse to increasing the advantage. As a result – first 3: 1, when the same Semyon Astashevsky threw in the center. And then 3: 2 – on the 59th minute, a goal by Nikita Dyakun. Naturally, the guests made a pressure, but they ran into skillful resistance. Omsk citizens knew what to do, defended somewhere, somewhere – in the last seconds – and pushed the game away from their gates. The guests even for some reason did not change Evpak for the sixth field player, as they did the day before even at 2: 5. Although it would seem that there were much more chances to save the meeting.
Well, it turned out how it happened – 3: 2 in favor of Siberians, on the New Year’s small pause the youth of Avangard leaves in a good mood.
Semyon Astashevsky, striker of the Omsk Hawks:
– Well, that won, while the match was hard. Still, a big load, we already had the 13th meeting
As for the first period, maybe we lost a little somewhere. But then, I think, they leveled the game, scored their goals.
– How to evaluate the implementation of the moments of the team?
– Here the percentage turned out to be average, but still it was enough to win.
– There were fears when the score was 3: 2, that the “Reactor” would remove the goalkeeper, like yesterday, and crush? It was difficult to?
– It could be difficult only psychologically, but in the game plan we did not allow them to turn around so that they would crush and throw. And as a result, the match was calmly brought to victory.
– How do you rate your game? And scored, and gave a pass …
– On the “four”. But still there were mistakes and bad moments. They can be corrected.
– Next game in Chelyabinsk, what are the expectations of them?
– I think it’s hard not to be there. It will be a new year, with new emotions, prepare for the away series and play our strength. The future pause was very timely, fatigue accumulated, there were a lot of games. We will rest as much as possible with benefit and we will go on games with new forces.
The next matches at Omsk Hawks on January 7-8 with the Polar Bears, as already said, are on the road. In the conference table of the East, they now remain in fifth place with 50 points.